Article: “Pick my cherry and eat, swallow deep” (G)I-DLE's new song under controversy for s*xual lyrics
Source: Insight + Insight via Instagram
[+992] I've been an IDLE fan since their inception and I'm really pissed off. I wish they'd stop with the s*x appeal ideas that don't suit the members. Of course, it didn't go well with Soyeon, and they had to delete the whole thing after the twerking dance on 'My Bag.' They have the best sound out of all the girl groups in my opinion and there is a whole community of ideas that open them up, so I wish they would get back on track. right and start choosing the type of character. it really shines like 'Han,' 'Hwa,' 'My God,' Yuqi's poem. We have always encouraged the leader to do whatever he wants and now he just does whatever he wants…
– [+67] I agree, I really don't know what Soyeon is all about.. I left the fandom not too long ago. Minnie is my bias and I always respect her but if this is the direction they're going to go down, I don't think I can confidently say I'm proud of them as a fan ㅜㅜ
– [+21] I thought they were doing well until 'Tomboy,' and had high hopes for this new concept album and thought they were going to come back with 'I Trust' so I was disappointed. to see something else. Honestly, I think the group lost a lot of their album vibes when that member left… I feel like there's nothing left to do at this point but wait. and believe that they will return.
– [+13] You updated the words I heard
[+595] Soyeon should keep these songs for her solos. Miyeon's talent is wasted…
[+213] Maybe there is not enough information to understand, but from reading the comments of foreigners in other villages, it seems that cakes and cream cakes are more interesting than what we understand.
[+173] They have truly shamed our country
[+118] Hate is a sign that you are doing well, fighting
– [+265] What do you say about it, it's not jealousy, it's justified anger ㅋㅋㅋ
– [+11] ^ So explain to me why using sexist words is not allowed? I don't understand why Koreans get so fired up every time the lyrics show something ugly when they're going crazy over songs by Cardi B, The Weekend, Khalid, etc.
– [+106] Because it doesn't fit the standards of our society ㅋㅋㅋ You really can't put Korean girl groups on the same level as Cardi B and Khalid?
– [+12] Saying that you are holding them in our country's standards is one way to try to box them in ㅋㅋㅋ I'm not trying to defend Jun Soyeon because I'm not to be a fan since 'Nxde' but I think people like you. It blocks parts of our country from moving forward
[+128] Yes, lyrics are hot…anyone who speaks even a little English knows it's better than most 19+ songs right now.
[+97] This is what IDLE does all the time. They released a controversial song and said “oops, we didn't mean it” when the public complained. They always play “ㅜㅜㅜ uwu we really like it”
[+71] Whether the song itself is good or not (I haven't heard it) doesn't matter, the main issue is that children will sing without understanding the meaning of the words. Can you imagine the chodings singing about this? An idol must understand his audience and who they are producing for … or you should be released with the 19+ tag right from the start. It's not a case of “don't listen to it if you don't like it,” but more of that.
[+54] Soyeon wrote bad lyrics for 'Queencard' and 'Nxde' and tried to pass it off as public criticism. What is the excuse this time? The same idea of public criticism?
[+46] I remember a lot of 'Tomboy' and 'Nxde' songs so I'm afraid this song will catch on too. Most of them don't understand the words… why was any of this needed? Don't they know that stuff like this is posted on TikTok and Instagram?
[+39] Felt like a copy of Cardi B
[+14] They are all adults, what's the problem here…? ㅠ
[+10] Why is Soyeon the center? Why not give a chance to other members?